Lake Flato on Twitter

where we live

Vicki Yuan

PechaKucha 12 Next Tuesday Night

Posted by on 11/13/13 at 06:02pm

PechaKucha San Antonio is happening next Tuesday, November 19th at the Coates Chapel at the Southwest School of Art. I know I say this every time, but it’s going to be AMAZING. Click to Read More

sierrahaight

Thomas Woltz Lecture at Trinity University

Posted by on 11/12/13 at 10:25am

Join us this evening at Trinity University where Thomas Woltz of Nelson Byrd Woltz Landscape Architects will speak as part of the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art (I.C.A.A.) Lecture Series. Woltz will discuss his firm’s process of gathering information of a site’s natural and cultural history to shape responsive designs that are inextricably linked to context. Click to Read More

Jonathan Smith

L|F HALLOWEEN 2013

Posted by on 11/11/13 at 09:44am

This year was another impressive show of Halloween spirit and ingenuity. Costumes ranged from borrowed to very homemade; one included ordering special blinking plastic eyeballs direct from Japan. Who is your favorite? Click to Read More

Corey Squire

223 miles in 23 Hours and 47 Minutes

Posted by on 10/22/13 at 12:01pm

This past weekend I had the amazing opportunity to run from Republic Square Park in Austin to the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi. Click to Read More

mattmorris

Journey of the pennant

Posted by on 10/21/13 at 02:18pm

This past weekend several Lake Flato riders took to the road on the MS 150 along with the rest of the “Grackles”. The following is a slightly different perspective on the ride. Click to Read More

Ashley Heeren

The Grackles Century Ride for MS

Posted by on 10/16/13 at 06:59am

Every year (for now 8 years) the Third Street Grackles fundraise for and ride in the Bike MS: Ride to the River, a two-day 157-mile bike ride that raises money for multiple sclerosis research and other services supported by the National MS Society. This year the ride was shortened a bit — day two was canceled due to a bad weather front — but day one was glorious enough on its own. And I was able to celebrate a little personal accomplishment: 100 miles was the longest I’ve ever ridden in a day by 70 miles! Click to Read More

Michael Britt

Earlier this week, a number of the LFers joined Judge Nelson Wolff, of Bexar County, for an early morning ride to support the upcoming opening of the Mission Reach Trail south of town. Judge Wolff has led the county’s funding efforts for the River Improvements Project along the Mission Reach and was nice enough to invite us out for a quick spin on the trail. After Click to Read More

sierrahaight

The UTSA College of Architecture (COA) and the American Institute of Architects San Antonio (AIA San Antonio) will present architect William Braham, FAIA, speaking on “Environmental Building Design: Thermodynamic Principles” at 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 2, in the Buena Vista Street Building Aula Canaria (1.328) on the UTSA Downtown Campus. Click to Read More

Seema Kairam
Lake|Flato takes to the kickball diamond.

For the last few weeks a group of Lake Flatonians have been representing the office in the fall season of Downtown Kickball in Hemisfair Park. On Tuesday night, we were matched up against the undefeated Southtown Deflatables. This game held particular importance to us because the opposing team poached Grace (pictured in sunglasses above) from us at the beginning of the season (we know, its hard when someone offers you a free t-shirt).
Click to Read More

Matthew Wallace

Come join the fun October 26 & 27, 2013.  Yours truly David “I can paint like Remington” Lake and Matt “Sure you can David” Wallace will be presenting the design of the building.  Time TBD.   Click to Read More